Thursday, August 11, 2011

My baby is 5 months old!

I can't believe you're 5 months old already baby Z!  It seems like just yesterday you were still in mommy's tummy and I grumbling about how uncomfortable I was.  You've grown so much!

Here are your Babycenter accomplishments for 5 months:

Advanced Skills (a few kids can do):

  • Sits momentarily without support - YES, this amazes me...I think it won't be long before  your sitting on your own
  • Mouths objects - yes, you've been doing this for awhile now
  • Separation anxiety may begin - haven't really noticed this yet
Emerging Skills (half of kids can do):
  • Recognizes own name - this I'm not sure on...you will turn your head toward us occasionally when we say your name, but that's about it
  • Turns towards new sounds - yes
  • Rolls over in both directions - yes, though it's a lot easier for you to roll from your back to your tummy.  You will roll from tummy to back when on your tummy, but that's rare.
Mastered Skills (most kids can do):
  • Distinguishes between bold colors - I think so, not really sure how to tell.  You love grabbing any and every toy within reach.  And you will smile at mommy or daddy when we are across the room and smile at you
  • Plays with his hands and feet - yes, you've been playing with your hands for awhile now and just discovered your feet about 6 weeks ago
Other than that, you will push way up when on your tummy and bring one knee up like you want to start moving, but haven't figured out how to bring the other up.  You will spin on your tummy though to get to different toys around you.  You've been able to stand with support since you were 2.5 months old and now when we hold you up, you will actually take steps in the direction you want to go.  I'm thinking we should get you a walker since you absolutely love being upright!

I love my little Z-man!!  And I love watching you grow and explore the world around you!

No comments:

Post a Comment