Friday, December 14, 2007

Merry Christmas to me!

You guessed it. My yarn shipment arrived today! It's like Christmas early. And I opened it already because the gift I ordered for hubby arrived a few days ago and he's been sitting on pins and needles waiting to open his. I wouldn't let him until I got mine. All's fair in love and war!


I didn't get all this in the current shipment, I included some from a previous shipment that I didn't blog about yet. This time I got the 12 hanks of bulky-weight Cadena in Natural. This is what I'm making with that. It looks so warm, which is good for those chilly days at work. They seem to think it's a good thing to freeze us out there. I also got 8 balls of sport weight Telemark in Alpine Frost and 6 balls of Telemark in Icicle. I plan on making this with that yarn. So cute, right?!?! :-)


And what you see from last time is 3 different types of sock yarn: 2 balls of EssentialSolid in Fawn; 2 balls of Felici in Arugula; and 2 balls of Risata in Burgundy. My favorite is the Felici, it's soooo soft! I also got 3 hanks of laceweight yarn called Shimmer in Turquoise Splendor. I plan to make something from this book with that yarn. But that is more of a summer project, so that's put on the back burner for now.

What to start first? Good question... what do you think? I vote for the Starsky sweater.

Ok, the yarn is calling, must get knitting... Food for thought: Can one ever knit too much?? I don't think so :-) HAPPY KNITTING!!

2 comments:

9ptcircle said...

I think you should start the sweater just becuase I'm having so much fun picturing you winding all those hanks into balls. I guess you don't have to wind them all tonight but that isn't as fun to picture :).

graceInk said...

LOL. Yes, but i put them all back in the box and just left one hank out to start winding. Oh, what I would give to have a ball-winder...

Post a Comment